Re: 3c59x and cardbus

From: christophe barbé (christophe.barbe.ml@online.fr)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 16:08:23 EST

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 03:32:23PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> christophe barbé wrote:
> >
> > Now that the forget_option bug is solved I have the following :
> >
> > Each time I suspend, the card resume in a bad state but return in a good
> > state after that :
> >
> > NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
>
> The transceiver didn't power up, or came up in silly
> mode. I'll see if I can reproduce any of this.
> What NIC are you using?

I have played a little with mii-diag and vortex-diag without success.
'mii-diag' didn't show differences between good and bad states.
'vortex-diag' show a difference with the -aa option, I attach the
output.

I have tried some modifications in the driver, basically to do what
tx_timeout does in the resume function without success.
After that I have realized that the timeout, which occurs most of the
time 1 minute after the resume, is not the reason why the card returns
in the correct state (watchdog is set to 1000) otherwise it would occurs
earlier.

Andrew, will you send a patch to marcello for the 'always bigger card
id' bug or do you want me to do it ?

Christophe

> -
> -

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats. --English proverb