Re: linux kernel config converter

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 10:18:55 EST

> > 2. does it handle the 'I want this feature, turn on everything I need for
> > it'?
>
> This is fundamentally impossible for anything beyond the most simple
> features. Although you can do a lot with config.in info, "everything I
> need" is something a human needs to define in many cases.

You can do that with CML1 or his code. The problem is that you need to

- Some requirements are going to suprise and may stop other
        settings

        (Simple example "I want GMX2000 support" -> requires DRM 4.0
        DRM 4.0 requires they turn off some DRM 4.1 stuff they selected

- Some have alternate solutions

But you can deduce what to ask the user