sis_malloc / sis_free

From: Jean Paul Sartre (sartre@linuxbr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 20:26:37 EST

        Hello all.

        I was grepping through the SIS malloc/free code and I saw DRM
'shares' code with the fb code. What if I have SIS framebuffer disabled
and SIS DRM code enabled? In 2.4.18-rc2, the SIS DRM code does not compile
from the lack of sis_malloc and sis_free function.

        I would suggest 'duplicating' this code (yes, I *do* hate
duplicating codes) or making that memory allocation code *really* shared
between both modules (or we won't be able to successfully compile it,
since the DRM code is on drivers/char/drm and the FB code is on
drivers/video/sis/sis_main.c).

        If the suggestion of 'duplicating' code (argh) is reasonable
enough (for they are really different codes) I can work and submit a
patch. If not, I do not know how to 'share' both codes without tweaking
through the makefiles and dependencies (which should also compile extra
code that is not needed in the DRM code).

        Regards,
        Cesar Suga <sartre@linuxbr.com>