Re: Disgusted with kbuild developers

From: Giacomo Catenazzi (cate@debian.org)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 03:04:13 EST

Daniel Phillips wrote:

>>. A Microsoft engineer wrote scripts/Configure. For three years, I have
>> lived in fear that Microsoft would notice this fact and use it to attack
>> Linux through public relations channels or legal means. They haven't yet,
>> so I have been wrong so far.
>>

> Teehee. I don't think you have anything to worry about, Microsoft would be
> incredibly embarassed to admit they're contributing to 'problem number 1'.

I agree, but we know some strange 'behaviour' of MS.
They have a lot of lawers, they can make us a lot of trouble.
(You will notice that there are no copyright statment on that file,
only the name of authors).

Remember the RMS (a flame with the word 'ESR' MUST have also the 'RMS' :-))
way to include 'free' patches: sign and send to FSF a piece of paper,
that the patches CAN be included.
I think nobody in Linux have done that, thus we can expect some
more troubles and microsoft is a large troubles-maker

        giacomo