status on northbridge disconnection apm saving?

From: DevilKin (devilkin-lkml@blindguardian.org)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 08:46:43 EST

Hello,

I was wondering if there has been some development concerning the northbridge
disconnection bit and the joined apm saving you can do... I have an amd box,
and it is running rather warm... during the periods that it isn't doing
anything, i would love to have it 'reduce the heat'...

I've found the vcool page on the net, but it's an linux-2.4.13 patch... and
we're at 17 (stable)... even though i'll probably be able to apply it (with
some offsets), i am wondering what the status is.

Thanks!

DK