How to crash a system and take a dump?

From: sathish jayapalan (sathish_jayapalan@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 06:26:21 EST

Hi,
I have a doubt. I know that linux kernel doesn't crash
so easily. Is there any way to panic the system? Can I
go to the source area and insert/modify a variable in
kernel code so that the kernel references a null
pointer and crashes while running the kernel compiled
with this variable. My aim is to learn crash dump
analysis with 'Lcrash tool". Please help me out with
this.

Thanks in advance,
sathish