stupid problem with aic-7892b

From: Ivan F. Poddubny (ivan@finestra.net)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 16:00:23 EST

Hi there,

I'm running into pretty stupid problem with aic-7892b chipset at my new
dell system. When I'm trying to install RH 6.2 to this machine (dell
precision 530/2xP-4-1.5GHz/36GB scsi/512MB RAM) installer goes to south
with poblem about getting comps file. Unfortunately, this is not problem
with comps file, the roots of problem located in *probably* bad driver for
aic-7892b at installation kernel.

Another problem on this PC with installation of RH 7.0 -- it's installing
normally, but after reboot it's falling to loop with scsi initialization.

Any ideas/suggestions/points?

        --ivan