Scheduling of low-priority background processes

From: Thomas Koeller (tkoeller@gmx.net)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 15:53:38 EST

Dear kernel wizards,

first of all, I wish to apologize in case I am asking a questions that has already been discussed much on this list. I am not a subscriber
(so please CC. me if you respond to this mail) and by browsing the list archive I did not immediatly find any discussion about my topic.
So here is my question:

Some operating systems I have been working with had a scheduling policy different from what I find in Linux.