Re: PROPOSAL: dot-proc interface [was: /proc stuff]

From: Stuart Young (sgy@amc.com.au)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 23:55:58 EST

At 11:05 PM 4/11/01 -0500, Alexander Viro wrote:

>On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Stuart Young wrote:
>
> > Any reason we can't move all the process info into something like
> > /proc/pid/* instead of in the root /proc tree?
>
>Thanks, but no thanks. If we are starting to move stuff around, we
>would be much better off leaving in /proc only what it was supposed
>to contain - per-process information.

That's fair.. so (this is all speculation of course) move everything else
but process info out of there? I could handle that, makes sense, long as we
had some backward "transitional" interface, that warned about using old
interfaces. Only question is, where would we put this information in the
file system tree?

AMC Enterprises P/L - Stuart Young
First Floor - Network and Systems Admin
3 Chesterville Rd - sgy@amc.com.au
Cheltenham Vic 3192 - Ph: (03) 9584-2700
http://www.amc.com.au/ - Fax: (03) 9584-2755