Re: [POLITICAL] Re: ECS k7s5a audio sound SiS 735 - 7012

From: Manfred Spraul (manfred@colorfullife.com)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 17:52:09 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Gérard Roudier wrote:
> > different from Tekram adapters. Btw, my Netgear FA311 board is not handled
> > by the sis driver of linux-2.2.20 and my little finger tells me that it
> > could be so given a few code addition.
>
> Unless you have a really strange board I haven't seen, NetGear FA311 are
> the natsemi DP83815/6 chips, handling by either "natsemi" or "fa311"
> drivers, not "sis900" driver...

sis900 and natsemi are similar, probably both could be handled with one
driver.
e.g. freebsd has one driver for natsemi and sis900.

But I'm not a big fan of huge drivers that handle multiple 99%
compatible controllers and always break for one controller if you try to
fix another controller, so I won't try to merge them.

--
	Manfred