Is kiobuf->end_io still used?

From: Bond, Andrew (Andrew.Bond@COMPAQ.com)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 15:49:43 EST

Is the end_io field from the kiobuf structure still used?

The only usage of it that I can find is in fs/iobuf.c:end_kio_request().

        if (kiobuf->end_io)
                kiobuf->end_io(kiobuf);

I can't find code in the kernel that sets the end_io field. The kiobuf
structure should be hidden from drivers, so a driver shouldn't be
setting it. The callback routines for the IO are set in the individual
buffer headers. So far it looks like this check in end_kio_request()
always does nothing because the end_io field is initialized as 0.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Andrew