Re: [announce] [patch] limiting IRQ load, irq-rewrite-2.4.11-B5

From: Marcus Sundberg (marcus@cendio.se)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 01:50:19 EST

mingo@elte.hu (Ingo Molnar) writes:

> (note that in case of shared interrupts, another 'innocent' device might
> stay disabled for some short amount of time as well - but this is not an
> issue because this mitigation does not make that device inoperable, it
> just delays its interrupt by up to 10 msecs. Plus, modern systems have
> properly distributed interrupts.)

Guess my P3-based laptop doesn't count as modern then:

  0: 7602983 XT-PIC timer
  1: 10575 XT-PIC keyboard
  2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
  8: 1 XT-PIC rtc
 11: 1626004 XT-PIC Toshiba America Info Systems ToPIC95 PCI to Cardbus Bridge with ZV Support, Toshiba America Info Systems ToPIC95 PCI to Cardbus Bridge with ZV Support (#2), usb-uhci, eth0, BreezeCom Card, Intel 440MX, irda0
 12: 1342 XT-PIC PS/2 Mouse
 14: 23605 XT-PIC ide0

I can't even imagine why they did it like this...

//Marcus