Re: Updated Linux kernel preemption patches

From: Cliff Albert (cliff@oisec.net)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 16:24:15 EST

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 05:18:57PM -0400, Robert Love wrote:

> The problem is that dec_and_lock.c is not being compiled (or at least
> the object isnt being included). I believe this is caused by having bad
> dependencies. My .depend has a dependency to compile the object -- I
> wager your's does not.
>
> So... did you rerun `make dep' ?

I ALWAYS run make dep && make clean && make bzImage when building a new
kernel

> If not, try a fresh kernel tree and make sure to do `make oldconfig dep
> clean' after patching.
>
> Please let me know because I am trying to track this down, and I don't
> have it happening to me. I think this should do it.

It still borks, probably you are having other options in your kernel config
and sections you don't use may depend on dec_and_lock

> Of note, I will release a patch against 2.4.9-ac2 and 2.4.10-pre1 soon.

First get it to work, and then spend time on keeping it current with alan's
and linus' tree.

--
Cliff Albert		| RIPE:	     CA3348-RIPE | www.oisec.net
cliff@oisec.net		| 6BONE:     CA2-6BONE	 | icq 18461740