Re: Linux 2.4.8-ac12

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 06:00:16 EST

> 2.4.9 is somewhat stable for me, here's where it bit me:
>
> - init occasionally hangs on boot

Seen that too.

> - bridge (with netfilter patches from bridge.sf.net) kills NFS (I have
> been told bridge and fragmented traffic don't go together well and I'd
> have to change rsize/wsize to prevent fragmentation)
>
> Is 2.4.8-ac12 "testable" or rather "stable"?

That sounds like your bridge cards lack enough buffering or can't cope with
back to back frames. This bites people who use 8K buffer ISA cards in
paticular.

-ac12 should be pretty solid. Im about to put out 2.4.9-ac1 which is
more experimental, although it has run all night, something 2.4.9 never
managed
Alan