releasing driver to kernel in source+binary format

From: MEHTA,HIREN (A-SanJose,ex1) (hiren_mehta@agilent.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 12:59:49 EST

Hi list,

We want to release a linux scsi hba-driver for our fibre-channel
HBAs and make it part of the kernel source tree. Because of IP
related issues, we can only release one part of the sources with
GPL. We want to release the other part in the binary format (.o)
as a library which needs to be linked with the first part.
If somebody can advise me on how to go about this, I would
appreciate it.

I went through the "SubmittingDrivers" file
which does not talk about this kind of special cases.

Regards,
-hiren
Agilent Technologies.