Quantum DLT 4000 issues

From: Ajit Jena (ajit@cc.iitb.ac.in)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 10:52:39 EST

Hi All,

I need your expert advice on the following issue:

I saw some messages on the Linux kernel mailing list about DLT 4000
tape drives.

We have a Quantum DLT 4000 1/15 drive connected to an HP9000 system.
This is a SCSI device connected on the Wide SCSI port. I have all kinds
of driver problems on the HP system. My tar backups abort randomly saying
media error.

I was wondering if I can connect the same drive to a Linux box having
wide SCSI interface. Do u think this is a workable proposition ? What
extra hardware/software I need to procure ? Please advise.

Thanks for your time.

Regards.

--ajit

| Ajit K. Jena Phone : |
| Office +91-22-5767751 |
| Computer Centre +91-22-5722545 x8750|
| Indian Institute of Technology Home +91-22-5722545 x8068|
| POWAI, Mumbai Fax : +91-22-5723894 |
| PIN 400076, India Email : ajit@cc.iitb.ac.in |