[3com905b freeze Alpha SMP 2.4.2] FullDuplex issue ?

From: Cabaniols, Sebastien (Sebastien.Cabaniols@Compaq.com)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 10:55:12 EST

Hello,

my hardware configuration is:

2 Alphaserver ES40 running kernel 2.4.2smp
   with 3com905b FastEthernet PCI

The configuration is switched, 100 Full Duplex autonegotiation.

I insert the 3c59x module with debug=7.

I start an ftp transfer from machine A to B:

        machine A machine B

        ftp B ftpd answering

        get bigfile

bigfile is 500 Megabytes, and transfer fine at 11 MegaBytes/s perfectly

Now I want to stress/test fullduplex:

        machine A machine B

        ftp B ftp A
        ftpd answers to B ftpd answer to A
        get bigFile get bigFile2

The first of the above machines launching the get freezes.

I include a file with my logs, the output of the crashed machine after
reboot.
I also include the output of uname -a, lspci -vx, vortex --aaee.

Thanks for any help, If some information is missing there do not hesitate to
ask.

Sebastien Cabaniols