Re: Request for comment -- a better attribution system

From: Olaf Titz (olaf@bigred.inka.de)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 04:33:17 EST

> It is nice to have a single file for grep. With the proposed
> changes one would sometimes need to grep every file.

With the proposed changes it's nearly trivial to build the traditional
MAINTAINERS file with a Makefile rule, so you've lost nothing. Plus
you get the additional info (which the collecting script, two lines of
sed in my estimate, would duly include[1]) which _file_ actually is
maintained by whom.

Which makes e.g. coordinating patches and bug reporting much easier.

Olaf

[1] Although Eric would probably rather want to use a database
querying tool at this point :-)