Re: AMI MegaRAID support in 2.4.3-pre4

From: Dan Merillat (harik@chaos.ao.net)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 17:23:49 EST

Dan Merillat writes:

> Apparently the chip is too new for driver version 1.07b, (not recognized
> at all by the kernel) and 1.14g has the problems I'm going over here.

An update... driver version 1e08 (stupid version number... 1.08e?) works,
but only on a 2.2.x kernel (2.2.18) 1e08 dosn't play nicely with 2.4.x
PCI scanning... compiles but never gets run.

I believe this is the version sent to RedHat. Anyway, I can live with this,
since this particular box is single-CPU. I'll have a SMP configuration on
another machine soon, though.

This box is available for another day or so for experimentation, before I wipe
the drive and do a final install. If anyone has any ideas let me know now.

I can even give root level access to it for the moment. (again, it's getting
wiped in 48 hours)

--Dan