[2.4.2] APM unwanted wakeup from standby (kreiserfsd?)

From: Eugene Crosser (crosser@average.org)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 16:45:22 EST

Gentlemen,

this might be somewhat offtopic but I could not find answers on the Net
and "official" APM page seems dramatically out of date...

I recently bought Casio Fiva mini notebook that has APM BIOS 1.2,
Linux APM support partly works. "Hibernate" does not work at all,
but let it be. "Standby" ("apm -S") puts the box in standby mode
but after 10..30 seconds it inevitably awakes with a message like
"Normal resume from standby". This happens even if there are no
processes that would initiate disk/screen/whatever activity (single
user mode).

My suspect is kreiserfsd. If I am right, could it be modified to
honor standby mode and stop disk access? If I am wrong, does
anyone have suggestions/advice/ideas how to make standby mode work?
(advice on making hibernate work is also welcome)

Eugene