RE: Per user private directories - trfs

From: Heusden, Folkert van (f.v.heusden@ftr.nl)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 10:27:25 EST

> Translators for providing per user private directories and restricting
> visibility of files and directories using the translation filesystem are
> available now at
> http://trfs.sourceforge.net/
> Per user private directories:
> Files created in a per user private directory are not visible to users
> other than the owner of the files.

I like the concept, I would have done it different though: I would look
at the bits and see if a user can do anything with a file. Can
he/she (from now on I'll write 'xe' for that) read or write or execute a
file (or is owner of course)? -> file is visible. Xe is in group of file?
And Xe can r/w/x file? -> visible. all other cases: invisible.