Re: IDE trouble under 2.2.19pre16 with Hedrick's IDE patch

From: Jasmeet Sidhu (jsidhu@arraycomm.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 14:01:50 EST

No this error is not by the wrong DMA settings. If you have a drive in dma
mode 5 and the controller does not support it, the kernel will give you a
proper error saying that this dma mode is not supported by the
controller. This is most likly something with the kernel. I'd try
upgrading to the latest 2.4.2-ac?? series.

Let me know if I'm mistaken about this one guys...

Jasmeet

At 06:14 PM 3/5/2001 -0800, Mike Fedyk wrote:
>Shane Wegner wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Whenever I write a substantial amount of data (200mb) to
> > disk, I get these messages. The disks lock for about 10
> > seconds and then come back for about 10 seconds again.
> > This continues until the data is successfully written.
> >
> > ide_dmaproc: chipset supported ide_dma_timeout func only: 14
> > hde: irq timeout: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
> > hde: DMA disabled
>It looks like you have set your drive for a dma mode it doesn't support.
>
>HTH
>
>Mike
>-

- - -