Re: Patch submissions

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 13:44:52 EST

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Kurt Garloff wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 02:22:58PM -0300, Rik van Riel wrote:
> > I agree with Alan that we should keep all experimental stuff
> > out of 2.4,
>
> Depends on the impact. Experimental stuff in MM, FS, ...
        [snip]
> But, that's probably what you meant.

*nod*

> > probably even out of linux-kernel ...
>
> No. I want to see experimental stuff on l-k. That's what it's meant for.

Putting the experimental stuff which isn't on l-k at the
moment would probably triple the volume of this list, if
not more ...

I'm pretty sure most people already find l-k traffic too
heavy to keep up. If you want to read all the experimental
stuff of all the subsystems, why not subscribe to the
mailing lists of those subsystems ?

regards,

Rik

--
Linux MM bugzilla: http://linux-mm.org/bugzilla.shtml

Virtual memory is like a game you can't win; However, without VM there's truly nothing to lose...

http://www.surriel.com/ http://www.conectiva.com/ http://distro.conectiva.com/