Re: CS4232 sound questions

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski (g.liakhovetski@ragingbull.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 06:01:05 EST

Hi

...maybe it is a bit off-topic here, sorry guys! Phil, you better asked
this Q on comp.os.linux.hardware / setup / whatever, am I right?

I got this card working fine with 2.4.x. Currently configured as modules,
I even managed to get them to autoload. Looks like you (also) are using
OSS. So, will try to recap main points of my configuration (that box is
at home):

in .config sound, OSS, CS4232, OPL3 - all as modules (to produce sound.o,
soundcore.o, cs4232.0, ad1848.o, uart401.o, opl3.o - I think)

Although in .config I DO have PnP enabled, I am still running isapnp on
startup (perhaps I don't need to do that, do I?)

in modules.conf
alias char-major-14 cs4232
pre-install cs4232 modprobe "-k" sound
post-install cs4232 modprobe "-k" opl3
options cs4232 ... (IO, dma, IRQ,...)

I think, this is it. May be I confused something above - but you should be
able to guess what I meant:-) If not - I'll send you the exact
config. lines from home.

HTH
Guennadi