Buglet: Mount iso-9660 always have exec bit set (755)

From: Mircea Ciocan (mirceac@interplus.ro)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 05:18:49 EST

        For a while I'm annoyed by a buglet:

When trying to mount an ordinary CD like (as root):

mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom -o ro,noexec

it works, but all files have the execute attribute set for all users,
and that is annoying in

MidnightCommander and other filemanagers that try execute the file as a
program instead of opening it based on file asociation set.

Mount version is: mount-2.10o
kernel2.4.1ac10 but see the same behaviour on all 2.4.x kernels.

        Is that something that I miss or is a small buglet in mounting isofs
???

                Thank you

                Mircea C.

P.S: That problem didn't arise when using 2.2.x.