Re: 2.4.2 OOPS on parport loading [pci_register_driver] // parport slow

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 04:33:58 EST

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 08:46:23AM +0100, Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:

> After writing the report, I disabled parport resources in BIOS
> and I maked:
>
> cate3:~# modprobe parport_pc
> Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address
> c3a5f640
> printing eip:
> Segmentation fault
> cate3:~#

Please try 2.4.2-ac2, which should have a fix for this.

> In 2.4.x (and also in 2.3.x) the parport is slow!

Please describe what you mean here. Is it consistently slow, or does
it print fine for a bit and then stall?

> cate3:~# cat /proc/interrupts

It is expected behaviour that the interrupt handler isn't registered
until you actually need it. Print something and take a look at
/proc/ioports and you will see it.

Tim.
*/