APM suspend system lockup under 2.4.2 and 2.4.2ac1

From: bradley mclain (bradley_kernel@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 22:15:21 EST

apm --suspend causes my system to hang under 2.4.2 and
2.4.2ac1. it was working fine under 2.4.1ac19.
looking at syslog it appears that the driver for my
xircom pcmcia card may be involved -- it was the last
entry on two of three occasions. the latest lockup
(under 2.4.1ac1) left no trace in syslog.

upon issuing the command the screen shuts down, but
the rest of the machine (drive, etc.) fails to, and i
cannot get control back.

machine: toshiba tecra 8100

lspci output and two syslog entries are in the
attached file.

1st syslog shows last entry and first of reboot under
2.4.2 and 2nd shows last entry and first of reboot
under 2.4.2ac1.

if anything else is needed, please let me know.

bradley mclain