RE: Linux stifles innovation...

From: Dr. Kelsey Hudson (kernel@blackhole.compendium-tech.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 20:44:54 EST

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Leif Sawyer wrote:
> > From: Dr. Kelsey Hudson [mailto:kernel@blackhole.compendium-tech.com]
> >
> > 'good' in this case was meant to mean working properly, well-coded,
> > does-what-it's-suppossed-to-do, eg not broken in one way or
> > another. English should have a better word that 'good...'
> >

> Functional, perfect, clean, documented, readable, understandable,
> tight, tuned, grok-able.

exactly what i meant, with the exception possibly of 'grok-able' as i'm
not familiar with that term.

> Don't use one word to mean multiple things if you're trying to make
> a clear case. Otherwise you sound like a Micro$oft lawyer. :-)

How dare you compare me to that scum-of-the-earth! :)
I do agree, though... I should have been more clear.

> Really, this thread should just DIE already.

It should!

> We now return you to your regularly scheduled kernel bashing.

Let the flames begin. :)

 Kelsey Hudson khudson@ctica.com
 Software Engineer
 Compendium Technologies, Inc (619) 725-0771