Re: Problem with 2.2.19pre9 (Connection closed.)

From: Jes Sorensen (jes@linuxcare.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 08:32:50 EST

>> after upgrading to 2.2.19pre9 (+ 2 NFS-patches, IPv6 enabled) idle
>> connections tend to shut down without a visible reason:

Alan> Yes I've seen this too. It seems that the tcp changes broke the
Alan> keepalive handling somewhere when I leave a non Linux target
Alan> idle.

I reported this on netdev last week as well.

I only see this for connections with incoming traffic where I don't
send something out (like irc), whereas unused ssh connections seem to
survive fine.

Hopefully another hint that could help nailing the bug.

Jes