about acpi problems

From: michaelc (michaelc@turbolinux.com.cn)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 22:30:59 EST

Hi,
        I found that acpi driver has some bugs, I compiled the 2.4.2-pre4
  kernel with the acpi support option and SMP enabled, it caused hang at the
  boot time, but when I disabled the SMP option, it 's OK , so I look
  into the acpi driver source code, and I found the acpi idle function
  don't support the SMP, is that cause the kernel hang at boot time.

--
Best regards,
 michaelc                          mailto:michaelc@turbolinux.com.cn