Re: finding Tekram SCSI dc395U linux patch driver:

From: Tim Wright (timw@splhi.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 21:41:29 EST

I asked Kurt why it was not submitted to the mainstream kernel. He said that
some people are still experiencing problems with the card/driver and he doesn't
feel it's stable enough to go in. I'm personally using it with no issues, but
I'm only driving a CD-RW - not exactly stressing things.

It sounds like the people having issues need to debug the problems, or maybe
it could go in under CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL ?

Tim

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 10:46:22PM +0100, Juergen Schoew wrote:
> Hi,
> On 15-Feb-01 Thomas Lau wrote:
> > hey, I found this driver on mandrake kernel sources, it's ac3, but I
> > need ac14 code, also, why still not port this driver into kernel?
> > the patch file already released 1 years ago
>
> Have you checked http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/dc395/index.html
> there ist a driver Version 1.32 (2000-12-02).
>
> Regards
>
> Juergen Schoew
> -

Tim Wright - timw@splhi.com or timw@aracnet.com or twright@us.ibm.com
IBM Linux Technology Center, Beaverton, Oregon
Interested in Linux scalability ? Look at http://lse.sourceforge.net/
"Nobody ever said I was charming, they said "Rimmer, you're a git!"" RD VI