Re: eepro100 + 2.2.18 + laptop problems

From: CaT (cat@zip.com.au)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 17:42:19 EST

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 03:44:10PM -0800, Dragan Stancevic wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2001, CaT <cat@zip.com.au> wrote:
> ;
> ; None. This is before any traffic gets put through it. At worst the
> ; card has the wrong IP for the network but that is not always the case
> ; from memory.
>
> So where does that card get the address from, are you doing DHCP?

Set manually. In debian-speak: ifup eth0 where:

iface eth0 inet static
        address 10.1.1.2
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 10.1.1.0
        broadcast 10.1.1.255
        gateway 10.1.1.1

So basically that does an ifconfig and route command I believe (or the
equivalent)

--
CaT (cat@zip.com.au)		*** Jenna has joined the channel.
				<cat> speaking of mental giants..