Re: problems with reiserfs + nfs using 2.4.2-pre4

From: Neil Brown (neilb@cse.unsw.edu.au)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 19:37:54 EST

On Sunday February 18, dek_ml@konerding.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I migrated some exported disks over to reiserfs and had no luck when I
> mounted the disk via NFS on another machine. I've noticed many messages
> about reiser and NFS in the archives, but my understanding was that
> it had been cleared up. In particular, the Configure.help in 2.4.2-pre4
> says "reiserfs can be used for anything that ext2 can be used for".

pure marketing! Last I checked, it didn't have quotas either (well, it
is available as an extra patch, but they might make incompatable
changes later I gather).

If you go to

  http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~neilb/patches/linux/2.4.2-pre3/

and pick up patch-B-nfsdops and patch-C-reisernfs
you should get reasonable nfs service for reiserfs.
Note that this is not final code though. The format of the filehandle
will probably change shortly as it doesn't currently contain a
generation number.
A similar patch is available somewhere under www.namesys.com I
believe.

NeilBrown