Re: (2.4.1-ac15) pcmcia irq conflict

From: Jason Straight (junfan@penguinfarm.com)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 15:40:16 EST

Any suggestions of things I could try to help pinpoint the problem and
let you know the results? Everything was fine before 2.4.1.

I've been using the pcmcia-cs without kernel pcmcia support up until it
didn't work with 2.4.1, then I tried using the kernel pcmcia and no deal
there either.

As soon as I try to start pcmcia my machine freezes. When using
yenta_socket I can see that the TI pcmcia and eth0 (intel eepro100) are
both on irq 11.

when using the pcmcia-cs way of it I tried "exclude irq 11" in
config.opts and /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia set "PCIC_OPTS="irq_list=9,10,15
pci_irq_list=9,10,15"
as was suggested in this post :
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=inspiron+8000+pcmcia+2.4.1&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rnum=1&seld=929215370&ic=1

It didn't work for me - at least not with 2.4.1-ac13 to ac15

I didn't disable my minipci ethernet because I need it and if the IRQ's
for pcmcia didn't use 11 now I wouldn't think I would need to.

Alan Cox wrote:

>> I have a Dell Inspiron 8000. Trying to use pcmcia with kernel
>> (yenta_socket) or pcmcia-cs only causes pcmcia card to take irq 11,
>> which my eth device is on also. This didn't happen with 2.2 or 2.4.0
>> kernels.
>

> Sharing a PCI irq is legal, so that isnt the cause. It could be that the
> irq routing isnt getting handled correctly however.
> -

Jason Straight