Re: x86 ptep_get_and_clear question

From: Manfred Spraul (manfred@colorfullife.com)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 13:49:47 EST

Linus wrote:

> > That second pass is what I had in mind.
> >
> > > * munmap(file): No. Second pass required for correct msync behaviour.
> >
> > It is?
>
> Not now it isn't. We just do a msync() + fsync() for msync(MS_SYNC). Which
> is admittedly not optimal, but it works.

Ok, munmap() will be fixed by the tlb shootdown changes - it also uses
zap_page_range().

That leaves msync() - it currently does a flush_tlb_page() for every
single dirty page.
Is it possible to integrate that into the mmu gather code?

tlb_transfer_dirty() in addition to tlb_clear_page()?

--
	Manfred