Re: [reiserfs-list] Re: Apparent instability of reiserfs on 2.4.1

From: David Ford (david@blue-labs.org)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 16:16:56 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

>> I run Reiser on all but /boot, and it seems to enjoy corrupting my
>> mbox'es randomly.
>> Using the old-style Reiser FS format, 2.4.2-pre1, Evolution, on a CMD640
>> chipset with the fixes enabled.
>> This also occurs in some log files, but I put it down to syslogd
>> crashing or something.
>

> Before you put that down to reiserfs can you chek 2.4.2-pre2. It may be
> problems below the reiserfs layer

Just as an aside, I've watched this conversation go on and on while I
run reiserfs on several servers, workstations, and a notebook. I have
current kernels and have watched carefully for corruption. I haven't
seen any evidence of corruption on any of them including my notebook
which has a bad battery and bad power connection so it tends to
instantly die.

Alan, is there a particular trigger to this?

-d