Re: hdd: set_drive_speed_status: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }

From: Jens Axboe (axboe@suse.de)
Date: Sat Jan 27 2001 - 08:17:30 EST

On Sat, Jan 27 2001, Andre Hedrick wrote:
> > I've been getting this during the boot sequence for quite some time now.
> > They don't seem to impact the functionality of the drive any though. Just
> > another extra-verbose kernel message I should ignore? :)
> >
> > (This is from the 2.4.1-pre10 btw.)
> >
> > hdd: CD-ROM TW 120D, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
> > hdd: set_drive_speed_status: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> > hdd: set_drive_speed_status: error=0x04
>
> Means your device did not like that command and barfed.
> status=0x51, error=0x04 == command aborted next....

My gut tells me that this is the 'get last written' command, and even
with the quiet flag we get the IDE error status printed. Could you
try and add

        goto use_toc;

add the top of drivers/cdrom/cdrom.c:cdrom_get_last_written() and
see if that makes the error disappear?

--
* Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>
* SuSE Labs