xterm: no available ptys

From: Paul Powell (moloch16@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 15:37:38 EST

Hello,

I have created a trimmed down /dev directory to be
used with my custom bootable Linux CD. I've run into
a problem where I can't start an xterm. I get the
error...

xterm: no available ptys

I'm not sure which device I'm missing in /dev. I'm no
expert on how the tty's and stuff work so feel free to
fill me in. Everything else seems to work fine on the
CD.

Here is what my /dev directory looks like now:

/dev:
console
cua0
cua1