Re: scsi init problem in 2.4.0-test10?

From: Matthew Dharm (mdharm-kernel@one-eyed-alien.net)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 17:53:20 EST

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 03:58:24PM -0600, Elizabeth Morris-Baker wrote:
> Basically the problem is in scan_scsis_single.
> Some scsi devices are notoriously brain dead
> about answering inquiries without having
> recived a TUR and then spinning up.
> The problem seems to be the disk, not the controller,
> if this is the same problem.
>
> The problem appeared in the test kernels because
> the TUR *used* to be there, now it is not.

Strictly speaking, shouldn't we send a START_STOP, not a TUR to get the
disks (or other devices) to spin up?

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm-usb@one-eyed-alien.net

S: Another stupid question? G: There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people. -- Stef and Greg User Friendly, 7/15/1998