Re: select() bug

From: Paul Marquis (pmarquis@iname.com)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 17:53:48 EST

I guess in theory, you're right, though if a write() could succeed,
shouldn't select() say that it would?

And this assumes you're calling select() with a timeout. In Apache,
the caretaker process wakes up periodically and polls the pipe with a
timeout of zero. If it gets back the pipe is not writable, it kills
the process. With this false negative situation, this is a bad thing.

--
Paul Marquis
pmarquis@iname.com