Re: CDROMPLAYTRKIND in 2.4.X

From: Jens Axboe (axboe@suse.de)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 14:49:59 EST

On Wed, Oct 18 2000, Thomas Molina wrote:
> > ide-scsi should probably just convert playtrkin to play_audio_10
> > or play_audio_msf
>
> Assuming you are the maintainer of ide-scsi, is this the kind of change
> you'd be willing to accept? I got the idea this was one of those "we
> don't change the kernel to accomadate borken apps" deals. If your plate
> is full would you like me to look at it this weekend since I'm the one
> with the "problem"?

I'm not the official maintainer, but I have been doing ide-scsi patches
from time to time. But yeah, using playtrkind is just broken... It is
widely used apparently, and I can see that it is a more intuitive command
than the others, so we are probably not going to get rid of it just because
I say so...

So if you can do a clean patch for ide-scsi to support this, I'd be happy
to take a look.

--
* Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>
* SuSE Labs