Re: CDROMPLAYTRKIND in 2.4.X

From: Thomas Molina (tmolina@home.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 20:24:30 EST

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Jens Axboe wrote:

> > Admittedly I can't remember the last time I used cdp, but this seems
> > like a recent problem. Are we going to look for a workaround? I've
> > tried a number of player apps and they all appear to fail in the same
> > way.
> >
> > Judging from past history I'd say the users are going to be told to bug
> > the app maintainers to tell them it's broken Jim. It always comes out
> > sounding a bit harsh.
>
> ide-scsi should probably just convert playtrkin to play_audio_10
> or play_audio_msf

Assuming you are the maintainer of ide-scsi, is this the kind of change
you'd be willing to accept? I got the idea this was one of those "we
don't change the kernel to accomadate borken apps" deals. If your plate
is full would you like me to look at it this weekend since I'm the one
with the "problem"?