Re: Topic for discussion: OS Design

From: Dwayne C . Litzenberger (dlitz@dlitz.net)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 22:56:52 EST

[snip]
> crossing memory protection domains is slow, there's no way around
> it (except better hardware).

So what we really need to do is get some custom "RAM blitter" into our
hardware to do the memory copies needed for fast context switching and message
passing.

Too bad nobody on this list works at an electronics design company... ;-P

--
Dwayne C. Litzenberger - dlitz@dlitz.net

- Please always Cc to me when replying to me on the lists. - Please have the courtesy to respond to any requests or questions I may have. - See the mail headers for GPG/advertising/homepage information.