Re: NFS in 2.4.x

From: Mike A. Harris (mharris@opensourceadvocate.org)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 13:43:42 EST

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Kurt Garloff wrote:

>> In other words, erase the word "Red Hat" from my question, and
>> restate it "what version of nfs-utils is needed by 2.4.0test9"?
>>
>> Then I can compare with what I have regardless of dist.
>
>Look into linux/Documentation/Changes.
>Oh, it fails to tell about the NFS stuff.

Precisely. ;o)

>Basically, for using the NFS client, you need nothing. Just mount the
>volumes.

2.4.0test9 NFS client to 2.2.0 stock NFS server (knfsd).

>For a NFS server, you need either userspace NFS server (aka unfsd), or the
>user space for the kernelspace one (aka knfsd). For both, you also need the
>RPC broker portmap running.

My NFS server runs fine - well as fine as stock 2.2.16 NFS
gets.. I can connect from 2.2.x client, but 2.4.0test9 will not
connect.

I will play some more with it tomorrow, and if I still can't get
it working, I'll write back with more details (logs).

>http://nfs.sourceforge.net/

Yep, I'll check that out too. Thanks for the tips. Take care,
TTYL

      Mike A. Harris - Linux advocate - Open source advocate
              Computer Consultant - Capslock Consulting
                 Copyright 2000 all rights reserved