Re: Am I the only one with scsi-ide CDR problems?

From: Thomas Molina (tmolina@home.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 12:51:24 EST

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Scott Murray wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, David Riley wrote:
>
> > safemode wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm just wondering if I'm the only person who has had problems with
> > > 2.4.0-test9 recording on ide-scsi cdr's?
> > > Nobody has posted anything about it and the test10-prex changefiles don't
> > > mention it. cdrecord reports very weird results when scanning the scsi
> > > bus whereas dmesg shows what one would expect of the ide-scsi detection.
> > > anyone?
> >
> > Actually, I think it's on the TODO list for 2.4. That's definitely the
> > sort of thing to fix. I think the exact syntax was "cdrecord produces
> > shiny coasters" or something similar.
>
> It actually is in the "Fixed" section of the TODO list, and it did seem
> to be working for me on the weekend, as I burnt a couple of disks (one at
> 8x) under 2.4.0-test9 without any errors. That's with a relatively new
> Matushita 8/4/32 CD-RW drive and cdrecord 1.8.

CD Recording seems to work correctly under 2.4.0-test10-pre3. I'm using
cdrecord 1.9 with a Phillips CDD3610. However, playing back an audio cd
using cdp gives the following error:

sr0: CDROM (ioctl) reports ILLEGAL REQUEST.
CDROMPLAYTRKIND: Operation not supported

There may have been a patch posted on the kernel list for this. As I'm
having trouble accessing the archives at the moment I'm unable to test
it.