RE: [Criticism] On the discussion about C++ modules

From: Marty Fouts (marty@dotcast.com)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 03:31:32 EST

Do you know that there is actually a name for the logical fallacy behind
this sort of argument?

But please, enlighten me, what precisely about having once wrote some file
system code for Linux qualifies one as an expert on the topic of the
relative difficulty of optimizing C and C++ as used in kernel development?

What is it about this group that some of its members so quickly close ranks
around the secret handshake when they don't have an actual response to a
technical point? And what are you going to say instead when I finally do
get around to contributing code to Linux and I still point out bogosities
when they come up?