Why no HPT370 RAID Support?

From: Linux Kernel Developer (linux_developer@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 03:26:02 EST

Hi,

    I was just wondering if there was some reason why the HPT370's RAID
capabilities weren't supported in the enhanced IDE patch for 2.2.*? Or if
support for its RAID capabilities were being worked on. I noticed FreeBSD
also appears to fail to support its RAID features so I am partially inclined
into thinking that its RAID capabilities are done in software and thats why
its RAID support hasn't been added. However from reading its specs on its
web page it appears to be a hardware solution. Is it just a lack of
documentation? Or will its RAID capabilities be added to Linux? Thanks for
your help.