2.2.18pre16 and USB_UHCI_ALT

From: David Rees (dbr@spoke.nols.com)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 02:42:10 EST

In 2.2.18pre16 an alternative USB_UHCI driver under the option
CONFIG_USB_UHCI_ALT was added. Only this one works for me, and
CONFIG_USB_UHCI throws up 50 messages a second like this one:

Oct 16 00:12:22 spoke kernel: usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 3, frame# 188

and leaves my mouse in an unusable state.

This is on a VIA Technologies VT 82C586 Apollo USB (rev 6). I have two
USB devices connected to it:
Microsoft Microsoft IntelliMouse® Optical
Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro

What is supposed to be the difference between the two drivers, anyway? It
is not clear from the docs what is different besides the fact that they
are different.

-Dave