big ECN push

From: bert hubert (ahu@ds9a.nl)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 19:46:16 EST

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 01:43:09PM +0100, Mike Jagdis wrote:

> > In other words, being able to just turn on ECN for localhost and your
> > internal network isn't likely to be terribly useful.
>
> Being able to turn ECN on/off for specific routes would be very
> useful. Currently we have to turn ECN off for systems connected to
> the Internet because there are bad routers out there. But I know

Well, I think that we need to make some kind of PR push about ECN. Linux
right now has enough clout and respect to be able to be used as a
'Technology Push' argument - and it shouldn't be that hard. Write some
articles on how Linux is innovating, and how Cisco and others are standing
in the way of progress.

Regards,

bert hubert

--
PowerDNS                     Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People