Re: CVS for kernel

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 21:32:26 EST

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000 19:27:36 -0700,
Larry McVoy <lm@bitmover.com> wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 01:25:55PM +1100, Keith Owens wrote:
>> The ability to see checked in changes before Linus/Alan sends out a new
>> kernel patch would be the only reason for me to even look at BK.
>> Without the ability to get absolutely up to date sources, I may as well
>> wait for Linus/Alan to release a pre patch.
>
>So what's your point? It's only useful if we are tracking Dave's tree on
>a frequent basis?

Yes. I am usually up to date on pre patches within a few hours of
their release, but then I have to play catch up to get my own patches
up to date. What I would like is the ability to see what is in the
kernel CVS tree before the pre patch is sent out so I can get
modutils/ksymoops/kdb patches ready ahead of the kernel patch release.